Hello all, we are just a little shy of 2 weeks away from our bon voyage and this happy little couple wants to help keep everyone’s anxiety levels low. Below are more traveling tidbits and some important travel information. In the videos we selected you will see our tidbits in action. We searched high and low for videos that illustrated what we actually, since neither one of us is packed yet we were unable to shoot one for you guys.
- DR Tourist Card: Each person in your party will need to attain a 30 Day Tourist Card. The DR does not issue visas, instead they require visitors to purchase Tourist Cards. You can purchase one for $10 at customs after you land OR you can purchase your card in advance online by clicking this link Tourist Card print your receipt and bring it with you and you can skip one of the two lines in customs.
- Currency Exchange: The US Dollar is widely accepted in the D.R. If you want to use a foreign currency (like me) use the ATM machines. We have two that are within 2 miles of our residence. Exchanging your money at the airport is convenient but you pay for that convenience.
- Luggage: We try our best to never check luggage. We have upgraded our luggage game but we still pretty much travel with efficiently stuffed backpacks. We searched for videos that were actual depictions of what and how we pack. I would upload a video of us packing but….we still haven’t packed for our wedding.
- Travel Docs: We have scanned our passports and emailed them to ourselves and we also pack a xeroxed copy in our luggage along with our travel accommodations (the addresses and contact information). I will spare you the details but this is a very necessary practice. Know where you are going! We also check-in online and print our boarding passes at home to avoid the airport lines.
- Arrival: (If you are renting a car please disregard) Upon exiting customs, look for a driver with an “ Apryl and Rondel’s Wedding” name card and they will bring you to our location. Please enjoy the scenery and take plenty of pictures and videos. More to follow…